Monday, February 12, 2007

Update: February


Well, I feel that I should update my blog about my progress so far:

1) I have extended my self-imposed deadline for the completed first draft of Inter Vivos until end of April/first week of May, due to the problem that I’m stuck and having a crisis of confidence and so I’ve not touched it for about two weeks.

2) I have come up with the plot of my first draft (at least) for my youths play. I have also decided that ‘Shilton Rec’ is a silly title and so I’m back to calling it ‘my youths play’ or ‘my hoody play’.

3) After doubting my abilities as a writer for most of the weekend, I have written myself a list of all the things I want to write about, however unrelated they may seem. I thought that writing a list of what it is that I care about, and the things that interest me, will make me ultimately stronger as a writer, because instead of trying to write about everything across twenty different genres, I can try to become the best that I can be in the areas that interest me most.

4) I am contemplating taking a year/couple of years out from doing amateur musicals to focus more of my time on writing, and am also looking into doing a part-time/distance learning MA in Creative Writing to commit myself to writing as a career (plus I really want to do something academic again).

5) I am thinking about the ‘chick-lit’ novel I started writing a while ago, and am going to try to start writing that again, as soon as I have a spare minute. I may also go back and complete ‘The Dragon Prince’, my children’s story.

So that’s about everything that I’m doing/thinking about doing right now. I could do with some time off work/rehearsals to actually do some writing, but obviously this is impossible.

1 comment:

Sabrina Mei-Li Smith said...

thats a really good approach to the writing! i really should do something like that