Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Facebook

I have just joined Facebook, after months of receiving 'invitation' emails from pretty much everyone I know. It's not that bad. It's not as chav-tastic as My Space is, and the sad state of affairs is that most of my friends will now only communicate through 'The Wall' rather than through more conventional methods such as texting, calling and emailing. I also think it might be a good way to advertise our up-and-coming writers' events, such as Ladyfest and our showcase, so it's not all bad.

I watched the pilot episode of 'My So-Called Life' last night, as I haven't watched it in years and just remembered thinking 'this is my life' in that teen angsty kinda way when I used to watch it. And it's still great, and Jordan Catolano is still goregous. Sigh. Do I constitute as a 'grown up' now? I mean, some woman in a shop told her three year old to 'mind the lady' when passing me the other day, and I hardly ever get id-ed anymore. I don't feel grown-up. Well, sometimes I do, like when I renew my insurance or budget for groceries, but at other times, I still feel about 19. Weird, huh?

Anyway, I have a dance rehearsal tonight, and I can't wait as we're finally doing 'Dance with the Devil'. Hope you're all going to come and watch the show!

Lucy :-)
(picture from http://www.cafepress.com/opheliasart by the way!)

2 comments:

morphean ramble said...

'mind the lady' - harsh :-D

I wouldn't worry about identifying with ...life - I still dress like that...

Sabrina Mei-Li Smith said...

"My so called Life"!!!!!!


lets play dress up! you can be Anglea and I'll be Rayanne Graff! (the slutty, junkie , alkie, weird hair girl who seriously robbed Blossom's wardrobe? Hell yeah!)