Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Carnival Band

I had a new idea for a play recently, inspired by my journeys to rehearsals in Hinckley, passed the church where the town's marching band practices. The idea is to write about the xylophone section of a marching band who are rehearsing for the town's summer carnival. There's only 5 of them, as they are a smaller section within the marching band, and they're all misfits and having to have extra seperate rehearsals because they can't keep up with the rest of the group. Each scene is them getting a bit better, until it ends with them joining the carnival procession. I have a couple of characters in mind, but the main one is a 16 year old girl called Tara, who is 14 stone and wishes she were the carnival queen.
Don't know when I'll get around to writing it properly, but it's something I've been writing lines of dialogue for when I'm bored at work!

No comments: