Thursday, May 14, 2009

Better

Right, am feeling better today. Had a bit of a mini nervous breakdown yesterday, where I could feel the stress building up and taking over, and didn't know how to stop it. I even had a fleeting thought that maybe I should just stop trying to be a writer and focus on something else instead, but that's all gone now.
So I went to the library after work and wrote a little bit of Inter Vivos - only about 200 words or so - and only focused on that, not on the other projects that are making me flip out. And then I felt better. And then I went to watch Star Trek, which was brilliant, so I'm all alright now.

Just goes to show you how quickly a mood can change though, right - from walking to the library feeling like I was mentally hyperventaliating to leaving the library feeling much calmer and happier.

Anyhow, I'm going to take it slowly over the next few days and try not to pressure myself too much.

I think I do definitely need that holiday now!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Oh I'm sorry I missed your moment of crisis :-( good you can pick yourself up, that's half the battle. But to re-iterate your own support; novel writing is fucking hard, I daren't even touch it myself, you're a brilliant storyteller, really hard-working, and you will get there :-) hope you have a decent break coming soon!