Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Youths(!)

I've had another idea for a play, which I started writing on the train to rehearsals, and it's heavily inspired by what people at my high school used to get up to. I want to examine everyday contemporary village life for the young people who live there, the decay of village life, and youth culture today. The story will follow a group of kids, no older than 15, one evening after school, as they loiter outside the corner shop, smoke fags, get a bit pissed, and then eventually crawl home in the early hours of the morning. I just want to state that these kids aren't chavs, they're scutters, and there's a difference. Anyway, I'm trying to write it with an authentic Leicestershire accent, and so far it's going well, but I'm sure I'm going to have to go home soon and sit in the park just to get back into the flow of it!


Lucy :-)

1 comment:

Sabrina Mei-Li Smith said...

Hey I grew up in the sticks! I could help you if you wanna hear some better-than-fiction type stories of Lutterworth Grammar School kids! Yeah - it aint as posh as it sounds! Everyone ended up as a smackhead (practicly)