Friday, November 16, 2007

NaNoWriMo Week 3

Well, I reach my third week as a NaNoWriMo participate with 26000 words tucked firmly under my belt. I'm extremely pleased with myself for sticking with it and continuing writing even though at times I just wanted to give in. This new-found dedication has also made me more focused that this - producing works of literature - is what I want to do with my life. Sigh.
The story is on track, though I'm still not sure if it's any good or has potential, but I'm passed the stage of caring right now. Just have to keep on with it. I do like some of my characters, though my main character is extremely whiny; I'll have to do something about that if I ever redraft.

In other news, it's freezing cold today, and I don't have any winter clothes, nor can I afford any. Guess it's a good thing that layering is still in fashion. Just wish I owned one item of clothing that did not have a fault with it, be it a hole, a tear or a dodgy zip. Poor poor me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Lucy

I know what you mean about being past the point of caring - I've been writing a sitcom script for the last couple of years and had a read a few times. I'm now on my fourth draft and really can't tell what's funny and what's not anymore. Just have to keep going. Getting to know the characters really helps, though, because you end up instinctively knowing how they'd react, rather than just putting down whatever the best gag is.