Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Not Going Well

I'm a little bummed out at the moment, because neither of the two short stories I am working on are actually turning out how I planned. In fact, they've both turned into big piles of shit, and I'm not sure if I have the energy to fix them.

I was thinking all was going well with the novel, until I realised I was in fact spending hours and hours planning and researching and drawing maps - and pretty much everything else, apart from writing a single word. So I've fallen off the wagon once again.

I keep moaning about the fact that I haven't had anything published recently, and rather than blaming the cosmos, I need to face reality and admit to myself that the reason is because I haven't actually written anything new to be sending out to places. I know that sounds really daft, but it's true. There's no use moaning about why "no one will publish me" if I don't give them the chance.

Now that I've had this break-through, I'm going to get back to writing the novel, and also to finishing some new stories to send off to slush piles around the globe. If only I can make my stories not-shit again...

No comments: