Thursday, November 20, 2008

News

I read this news story yesterday, and got a bit upset that Inter Vivos was completely stupid, and, for a futuristic distopian work of fiction, was out dated in regards to modern medical discoveries - why would people need machines to replace organs, when they could grow new parts using stem cells. I fell into a bit of a depression.

Then, today, I read this news story, and was filled with joy, as this supports the premise of my story after all, that people can survive without organs, and so my novel isn't outdated! Whoop!

Funny old news week!

And I know it really doesn't matter, that it's my world, my created reality, and I can do whatever I damn well please, but I do like to have a scientific basis as background to the happenings of the book.

A NaNoWriMo update: I am sad to report that I wrote bugger all yesterday. Not one word. This is not good. Am going to write oodles tonight, to try to get rid of the guilt monkeys.

No comments: