Monday, November 03, 2008

First NaNoWriMo Update

I started this year's NaNoWriMo project, Dorcas Grubb, a few minutes past midnuight, as I don't trust my watch to be accurate. I'm at about 4,000 words so far, but I've not written today's quota yet, so should have 6k under my belt by this evening. The NaNoWriMo website keeps falling over though, which is not good, but I'm hoping that they can get it fixed before too long.

I've decided to refer to this novel as a "young adult" book, rather than as "science fiction", as I'm not sure after writing four thousand words how "sci-fi" it's actually going to be; I have a feeling I may end up treading into fantasy territory without meaning to. But I'm sure whatever I decide it will be for the best.

I may post an extract on here at some point, but I might not, depending on the quality of it!

I am really tired today, after the Son cast party, where I have learned that having 5 hours sleep as a 27 year old is not a good thing! So I'm going to head to the library in a sec and bang out my word quota and then go home for an early night.

I'll try to write something more interesting when I'm not so tired!

No comments: